My Long Absence

I haven’t posted in a week. Here’s why – I started a book at the beginning of the week that just didn’t grab me. Maybe it will, but it hasn’t yet. And it has been one of those weekend when I could only read late at night, due to lots of work and other stuff going on. So I haven’t read anything, and I’ve been trying to post mostly reviews instead of posts about books I *want* to read. May need to revisit that strategy…

But here’s where I am now. I am listening to The Lake Shore Limited by Sue Miller, and really enjoying it (I am about 40% done), and I started my new online book club pick, Domestic Violets by Matthew Norman on Friday night, and I’m about 1/3 done with it. So no reviews today, but hopefully soon!

What did you read this weekend?

• September 26, 2011 - 8:03 am | Permalink

You are not alone, I didn’t read one page last week…
    I’m looking forward to finding time this week to relax for a few minutes each day with a book.
    Have a great week Gayle!

• September 26, 2011 - 9:05 am | Permalink

We went to visit our son, so I got very little reading down over the weekend.

• September 26, 2011 - 9:34 am | Permalink

I just finished Before I Go To Sleep by Watson. Which I didn’t love.

• September 29, 2011 - 1:24 pm | Permalink

I really like this site, and hope you will write more.

• September 29, 2011 - 4:39 pm | Permalink

I read a little of The Scarlett Letter on my phone, a little of Certain Girls and still in the middle of reading Cleopatra. Hope I don’t get them all mixed up and have Cleopatra wearing a Scarlett Letter while raising a Jewish teenage daughter 🙂

• October 1, 2011 - 5:04 pm | Permalink

Just finished reading Still Life by Louise Penny set in small town in Quebec, Canada. It’s the first in a series.Interesting characters.

• Elisabeth
    October 1, 2011 - 11:45 pm | Permalink

Just finished Domestic Violets, looking forward to Monday!