I am here! I am still reading, just not blogging as much these days due to not finishing as many books! But here’s a bookish update, even if I don’t have a review to post yet.
- Amazon and Goodreads, huh? Makes sense for Amazon, but I can’t be totally happy about it, because 1) I fear that this will further hurt the indies; and 2) I have heard that a lot of people are cancelling their accounts because of 1). I will keep an open mind but also I am worried that Amazon will affect the spirit of Goodreads… I am not totally anti-Amazon, but I am a staunch supporter of the indies. I’m torn.
- I am enjoying my current read – Me Before You by JoJo Moyes- quite a bit. And I just started an audiobook – A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash – which is one of the best audio productions I’ve ever listened to. It’s like listening to a play.
- I gave The Red House by Mark Haddon a try on audio as well. It’s a book told by eight different perspectives, with one narrator. The perspective changes every few paragraphs, which is very hard to follow on audio. I am switching over to the paper version.
- My twin daughters are reading one my all-time favorite books from childhood – The Westing Game. It is so much fun talking about it with them and re-experiencing it.
- Jennifer Close has a new book coming out! I loved Girls in White Dresses, so I am looking forward to getting The Smart One too. ARC is on its way…
- Only 2 months to BEA!
OK, I am on vacation for a few days so hopefully I will get some reading in. Back soon!