Are you running out of books to read? (If yes, I can’t relate, given the stacks of books piled up in my house). If you want to borrow ebooks or audiobooks from your library without a wait, here are 7 backlist books that remain at the top of my TBR. They may be available from your library sooner than new releases.
Someday, someday I’ll get to them.
- The Ensemble (2018) by Aja Gabel – relationships between four musicians in a classical quartet tracked over the years
- The Dream Daughter (2018) by Diane Chamberlain – time travel + a mother with an unborn child with a heart defect + amazing reviews
- Home Is Burning (2015) by Dan Marshall – memoir about twentysomething who moves home when his mother, who has cancer, calls to tell him that his father has ALS. Incredibly, this is supposed to be funny.
- Christodora (2016) by Tim Murphy – novel tracking characters through many changes in East Village, with focus on heartbreak caused by AIDS
- Saints For All Occasions (2017) by J. Courtney Sullivan – not sure how I haven’t gotten to this book about secrets between sisters, because I’ve loved her other books
- Plainsong (2000) by Kent Haruf – I fell in love with his Our Souls At Night last year and can’t wait to read this book about unexpected friendships
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies (2017) by John Boyne – this book about an Irishman in search of his identity comes very highly recommended